CareServe’s Speech Therapy: Regain Your Voice.
At CareServe Private Duty, we understand the pain and frustration that accompanies a communicative disorder. The ability to successfully communicate is vital to a happy and healthy lifestyle. If you are suffering from a speech disorder, look no further than to our CareServe Private Duty licensed speech therapists provide professional home care for seniors, using communicative devices to help you overcome a range of speech, language, and swallowing disorders. Our private duty speech and language pathologists work individually with their patients and provide the excellent home care therapy they deserve. The assigned speech therapist begins with an initial assessment with the physician to determine the exact diagnosis, develops a comprehensive care plan, and commences appropriate medical care.
Speech Therapy Services
(Physician’s prescription required) include:
- Speech therapy for aphasia, apraxia, dysphonia, dysarthria due to a stroke or brain damage
- Rehabilitation of mouth muscles, including swallowing treatment
- Communication techniques for patients with tracheostomies or ventilators
- Treatment of central auditory processing disorders
- Improvement in slurred speech
- Nonverbal communication
What causes speech impairment?
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Neuromuscular diseases (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Multiple Sclerosis (MS))
- Neurological diseases (Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease)
- Laryngeal Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Defective dentures
- Medication side effects
Why Choose a Home Care Adult Speech Therapist?
Our speech therapy services are necessary for the survivors of traumatic debilitating diseases that have deprived them of their natural ability to speak and communicate. Demoralizing side effects, such as confusion, frustration, disorientation, and depression can accompany speech disorders, crippling the vitality of you or a loved one. Speech therapists work diligently to improve a patient’s motor skills and strengthen their cognitive and vocal abilities, so they can fully enjoy their retirement years.